Online Course: Take When Convenient for YOU
(and 10 more courses to come!)
Going Beyond Anxiety and Depression:
Improving Wellbeing Without Medication*
Emma Bragdon, PhD is the facilitator for this 4 module course including 2 bonus videos.
Dates: Take at your own convenience.
More Information: http://imhu.org/GoingBeyondAnxiety
Students will build community of support and dialogue: interacting with each other online, exchanging perspectives, as well as interacting with facilitator. Modules will be offered for 4 weeks. Each module has activities and events and requires approximately 2 hours a week of your time (unless you want to give more time/focus). Activities: online group discussion, watching videos, listening to music, brief meditation, journaling, reading short articles, connecting via tele-seminar and a webinar. A certificate of completion will be given to those who complete the course.
The first bonus module will be sent to you on sign up: it is ranked as one of the funniest 8-minute videos ever!
1) Welcome: Meet Emma Bragdon, PhD, the Facilitator
- 7 Things Brazil Teaches Us About The Path to Wellness
- The Taproot of Well-Being ·
- Flying Home With The Wisdom Bundle
2) Putting Yourself on the Map
- Contemplating “Normal”: Is This the Destination You Want?
- Signs You Are On the Path to Normal
- Staking Your Claim to Love and Profound Joy
3) Taking a Peek at the Peak: A Radical Step Towards Health
- Mapping the Road to Joy
- Expert, Paula Sellars, MSW, on “No More Bad Hair Days”
- Give Yourself The Gift of Deep Relaxation–in a Nutshell
4) How Psychiatric Medications Can Hold Us Back
- Expert, Robert Whitaker, on the Anatomy of the Mental Illness Epidemic
- Meet Two Peer Groups Who Lend a Hand and Help Move Us Forward
5) Breaking the Limits: Exploring Empowering Strategies
- Meet People Who Are Successfully Going Beyond the Medical Model
- 14 Ways to Deliberately Create Mental Health
- 10 Ways to Get More & Go Deeper into The Territory
6) Q & A Tele-seminar with Emma Bragdon, PhD
The last bonus module, a 20-minute guided meditation, on completion of the course.
More Courses to Come To Survey Best Practices in Integrative Mental Health:
For information about these next courses, sign up for our newsletter.
* This course is for educational purposes. If you are feeling overwhelmed by your personal circumstances please consult a trusted healthcare provider. This course is not a substitute for personal one on one care or medical advice.